Welcome

A rare look at someone working diligently to escape the entrapment of an enmeshed family. These posts may become rather raw as the struggle becomes difficult. It is my desire to document this journey in an effort to understand myself and help others who might need help as they seek to become INDIVIDUALS.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

No, I Do Not Want to Join their Club!

Enmeshment causes much pain.  It unfairly alienates members of the family.  It allows for judgement at the highest of levels.  Those "on top" within the enmeshed family are able to unite together as a club.  They discuss members of the "family" and judge them.  They may talk about "helping them" and it may appear to be true love, but it is not.  They "get off" on belittling the "lower level" members of the family by their talk.

At one time or another most members of the enmeshed family have been "in the limelight" with the head of the family.  That is how we all know what goes on at the top of the chain.  When we've been ridiculed enough and lowered to a lesser position we KNOW what is happening in the clubhouse at the top.  It hurts.

This is just one example of pain within the enmeshed family.  There are many others, but this one is an excruciating example.  It hurts like no other.  As a lesser you can look to the top of the chain and see some sort of wonderment going on that causes you to try to gain that spot of glory once again.  It makes you want to succumb to them and rise the ladder to ultimate success.

It is very painful to know that it is happening and there is nothing you can do about it if you want to stay away and continue escaping the enmeshment.  This is a kind of pain that hits hard and destroys your soul, if you let it.  I am encountering this kind of pain today, and I am going to move forward despite it.  I do not want it to hurt my day.  I do not want it to hurt ME.  I am valuable as an individual.  I can make my own choices and do what I please.  There is much more reward in those very things than being on a spinning wheel of unsuccess, which is what would happen if I did the opposite.  I choose to move ahead, individually.

Blessings to you.

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm well you have always held your tongue, and stood tall above it.... and that's good.... I have always been told that when you are up to your nose in S--T you should keep your mouth shut.... ha ha ha ha ha ha...oh sorry not that funny. But I have always been proud of you for that fact... the fact that you stay out of it, do not pick sides, and do not play the game so to speak. D

    ReplyDelete